How NOT to Handle Responsive Web Design in Snohomish
Posted on May 1, 2018
Responsive web design in Snohomish is an important aspect of the overall marketing campaign for your business, whether large or small. While there are specific strategies that should be included in your plan, there are also some things that you should not do.
- Do not be tempted to focus solely on the types of devices. Instead, concentrate on screen size.
- Screen sizes are added and changing all the time. Do not limit your marketing plan to currently known screen sizes.
- Since mobile devices are extremely popular, it can be appealing to give more attention to small screen sizes. Don’t forget about larger screens.
- All content on your site is valuable. It should be easy to access on any screen size.
- Website navigation is different on varying size screens. Although it seems that consistency across multiple screen sizes would be the best idea, it is not. Items like typefaces, button sizes and colors should be consistent but other information can fluctuate according to the dimensions of the screen.
- Designing input methods, including touch, should be a valuable consideration on all size screens.
- Linking pages and content are crucial to a well-designed site. Do your best to ensure that you link to responsive webpages instead of non-responsive ones.
- Optimize your website for peak performance no matter what size the screen. A few seconds does matter.
- Do not discount testing your responsive design. What looks good on paper sometimes does not translate well on the screen. Test, test and test again.